Paleo Vegan Brownie Recipe [Paleo Mug Muffins 2 Review]
A few months ago, I introduced you all to Heather over at Cook it Up Paleo. We did a recipe exchange where she let me share my recipe for Lemon Lavender Muffins on her site and I got the pleasure of posting her insane Paleo Lemon Brownie recipe for you all. If you've tried these, or just merely browsed the hundreds of recipes on her site, you've probably noticed that she has a gift when it comes to sweets, easy recipes and being extremely allergy friendly.
As a follow up to Paleo Mug Muffins, Heather recently released Paleo Mug Muffins 2, an ebook chocked full of allergy-free options. There are over 20 recipes that cater to every dietary need whether it's nut-free, low-carb, egg-free, vegan, etc. The recipes take just a few minutes of your times and are each unique! The best part is, this ebook costs just $5, making it a great value. You can use the button below to see how you can get a copy!
Now, not to brag or anything, but I'm about to brag. I've gotten the pleasure of trying a number of the recipes in this book and I'm surprised I haven't gained 100lbs. Yeah, they're single serve, but when you try the apple crumble or the vanilla donut in a mug or the snickerdoodle, I want you to try and tell me that you aren't going to take 3 minutes to make seconds. Because that's how easy they are. I had to exercise immense self control to not make and eat all of these the same night.
Let me tell you about a few of the recipes I tried:
- Matcha Mug Cake - This had a great, light flavor, wasn't too sweet and came out airy instead of dense.
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookie - The best way I can describe this one is as a really puffy cookie. Plus, it had the perfect chocolate chip to cookie ratio, which is hard to achieve.
- AIP Sandwich Bread - This one was fun to try and definitely satisfied any sandwich bread craving I had. It isn't quite the same thing, but it's got a nice bread like texture and flavor.
Here's a sneak peek at a few of the other recipes you'll find in there!
Sneak peek not enough? Heather is awesome and is letting me share one of these exclusive recipes with you. Yay! I chose to share the Paleo Vegan Brownie. It's really simple and made with ingredients you are pretty much guaranteed to have on hand. On top of that, it has great flavoring, is versatile for toppings and has the perfect texture. I opted to make the banana version of this recipe, but there is an alternate using sweet potato as well!
Paleo Vegan Brownie (Banana Version)
1 banana, mashed
1 tbsp coconut oil (solid, not melted)
1 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips, optional*
*I opted to top mine with coconut cream and cocoa nibs (pictured above)
- In a small bowl, mix together banana, coconut oil and coconut milk.
- Add the cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Form into a ball and place on a small plate; flatten to 1/2 inch thick.
- Microwave on HIGH (100 percent power) for about 2 minutes.
- Top with chocolate chips if desired; enjoy.
Want more of Paleo Mug Muffins 2? Don't forget to grab your copy of this ebook now!