Gluten Free Double Chocolate Banana Bread
This Gluten Free Double Chocolate Banana Bread is guaranteed to be a hit in your house. Dairy Free Chocolate Chunks combine with cocoa powder for the best chocolate flavor that's subtle enough for breakfast but sweet enough to make the perfect Paleo dessert.
From my initial recipe, I upped the cocoa powder and switched out cacao nibs for Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks (dairy, nut & soy free!!). They do have some added sugar, so while they are not strict paleo, they are one of the best alternatives to traditional brand chocolate chips. These two small changes took the bread to the "double chocolate" level we had been searching for.
Before you hurry to indulge your chocolate craving, I leave you with this short quote from a very intelligent and inspiring man...
- 3 browning bananas, mashed
- 2 tbs butter, ghee or oil
- 3 room temp eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, dissolved in 1-2 tsp water
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chunks
- coconut oil to grease pan