Roasted Carrots & Parsnips
Roasted vegetables are one of the most simple and delightful side dishes you can throw together. Adding in a different vegetable, new seasonings or simply changing the cooking oil allows you to create a new, unique flavor every time.
This dish combines carrots with the closely related parsnips. Both are root vegetables that can be eaten raw, but have enhanced flavor when cooked. Parsnips are a bit sweeter than carrots, but you will find carrots are usually more common in meals. These two veggies can also be used as substitutes for potato in many dishes. Aside from their versatility, you'll be receiving a great nutritional punch from munching on them.
Roasted carrots and parsnips like these will provide you with a mouthful of mega-enhanced flavor full of antioxidant vitamins and fiber, all with minimal effort on your part!
Dill Roasted Carrots & Parsnips
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30-40 mins
Servings: 4-5 Ingredients:
3 lg parsnips, peeled & diced
3 lg carrots, peeled & diced
3 tbs oil, coconut (melted) or olive
½ tsp dill weed
salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Dice the carrots and parsnips. Place in a bowl.
- Toss with the oil and seasonings.
- Transfer to a glass baking dish and place in oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven once pieces are tender and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Taste a piece (or ten) to see if additional salt is needed. If so, add and stir again before serving.
Note: This dish pairs extremely well with my 4 Herb Chicken slow cooker recipe!